I can't agree more with Eric.  Why get 20 phones that are all
identical?  Get some variety so that you write apps that work as
expected for multiple devices.  You can't put a price tag on quality.
It's not worth saving $50 per phone if you end up writing an app that
breaks on a particular device and you get a bunch of upset customers
and bad ratings/image.

You definitely want to vary things like:
* hard keyboard vs soft keyboard
* high-res screens vs low-res screens
* fast vs slow cpus

And Eric's link to that spreadsheet is freaking great.

-- PJ