On 10 March 2010 14:50, sonic <s...@killig.de> wrote:
> First of all, a big thank you for finding all this out!
> I eagerly want to try this on my Nexus One. What would be the best
> route to proceed?
> I'm wondering how your ehci-msm7201.c relates to
> https://www.codeaurora.org/gitweb/quic/la/?p=kernel/msm.git;a=blob;f=drivers/usb/host/ehci-msm.c
> Isn't the host code already there? It has been there already in the
> Samsung Galaxy kernel source, but strangely disappeared in the Nexus
> One kernel source. Which one should I try?

I had absolutely no idea about the existence of that tree, so I'd
implemented the driver myself from scratch!

If you look at the android kernel trees at android.git.kernel.org
there is absolutely no mention about host mode as you say. This has to
be a policy decision by Google.

I searched for *days* for talk about android host mode implementations
before starting this project, but couldn't find anything whatsoever! I
see they've even done the horrible
make-the-function-drivers-unloadable stuff I've just done too!

The tree looks an awful lot cleaner than the "official" sources.... I
reckon I'll be giving it a go later!

Thanks: kinda wish I'd heard this earlier, but that's not your fault! :)