Hi Greg,

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 18:53, Greg KH <gre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Then I would recommend that you not have anything to do with this at all.

We totally agree, that is why I ask before do anything.

> I'm not a lawyer, but I deal with them on a weekly basis, and my code is
> the one you are considering violating the copyright on, so I do know
> all about this type of thing :)

I also know that

> > Let's talk about other paths:
> > This discussion started due the change of a read permission in the
> > /dev/device_name file. Someone here strongly believe that others read
> > permission to any device driver is prohibited by Google CTS policy.
>
> Do you have a pointer to where this is stated?
>
> What type of driver is this that needs a character device node?

No, I don't have this statted, that is why I doubt it is true! But someone
here believes it is true. And that is why I asked if there is any truth on
this statement.

Anyway thanks! I found another way to go. There is a moment in the first
boot when I have root permissions to replicate the information needed to a
regular file in other directory of the system. This will make things works
exactly as before and that is enough to save my day!

Have a nice weekend