On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:57:37 AM UTC-4, tbird20d wrote:

> > However what I am trying to achieve is context-aware scheduling. By
> > context I mean office, home, driving etc. So under that context to
> > pre-schedule some applications I have predefined for those contexts,
> > or give high priority(for this you need to have this in the run
> > queue,rty?) and give other user applications low priority.
>
> I would be tremendously surprised if the delay at startup had
> much to do with scheduling, rather than latencies related to
> demand-paging the program into memory.

I would agree the suspicion, but maybe the OP's idea can be adapted to
addressing the loading delay instead by extending a mechanism android
already uses.

Specifically, there are tweaks (principally to the OOM killer values) which
do things like try to keep the "home" application in memory (ie, keep it's
process around for re-use) so that restarting the home application is very
quick.

On a customized (rooted) device, it might be possible to switch in
different sets of values for different situations, in order to keep an
additional app in memory as well/instead.

Of course if you run another app that needs most of the physical memory on
the device, the desire to keep the home or whatever app available will
loose out to the requirement to run the app the user has currently chosen
to use.