> Problems?
> 1) at high resolutions android doesn't work very well (using vga=794)

There is no hardware acceleration whatsoever for this target. You are
running at high resolution, and forcing the CPU to copy lots of data around
for every frame. Also, the assets in the framework are all designed to look
good on HVGA, and you are asking them to look good on 1280x1024 :)

> 2) low screen refresh rates (obvious, is a framebuffer...)

You probably mean low framerate. Framebuffer itself is not the problem. As
stated above, you running in pure software mode, so composition will be
pretty slow since you have to copy stuff around a few times before you
finally copy it into the framebuffer. And by copy, I mean memcpy() the data
around, no DMA or hardware blitters, or anything. With some basic hw
support, this will be improved dramatically.

> 3) no mouse support

It's not designed to work with a mouse at this point. There is no support
for a maintaining a cursor's position, or drawing a cursor on the screen.
Remember, we are running an environment that is currently only supported on
a touchscreen mobile handset. Hopefully, non-handset usage will improve as
people submit patches, work more on the mid profile, and generally drive the
platform on non-handsets forward.
You should note though, that plugging in a USB mouse generally should work,
and will act as a "trackball" like you have on the G1.

4) buggy keyboard support

You need the correct keymap for your keyboard. Specfifically, menu/back/home
keys need to be properly mapped.

> 5) no network support

Your kernel is missing the proper network drivers.

> 6) dialer function doesn't work.. ;-)

What did you expect it to do? ;)

Good to see that you made some progress.

--Dima