Hi Jim,

It kind of became platform specific, the product brief
http://www.broadcom.com/collateral/pb/4325-PB00-R.pdf only mentions uart -
not usb-2-uart.

so when you mentioned usb-serial - did you mean on some platform it is
connected to the host-processor via usb ?
and at boot the usb-serial is probed - to give out ttyusb0/1/2/3 and then
one of such 4 ports is connected to bcm ?

regards,
Pavan

--
--Pavan Savoy