On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Jim Huang<jserv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/8/28 pavan savoy <pavan.sa...@gmail.com>:
>> should I have to be a client to use some modified version of bluez ?
>> isn't that supposed to be open-source ?
>>

> hi Pavan,
>
> Erin and I are making use of the materials from Broadcom.  Broadcom
> attempts to provide its own enhanced
> Bluetooth stack along with BlueZ, but it is relatively independent.
> There are few public information other than
> news letters:
>
> http://androidcommunity.com/broadcom-release-combo-wifibluetoothfm-chip-drivers-for-android-20090206/
>    http://zh-tw.broadcom.com/press/release.php?id=s363853
>
> Erin and I just expressed what we randomly knew.  It might not reflect
> the fact somehow since everything changes
> so fast, and please contact the proper persons at Broadcom if you are
> urgent to look into.
>
> cheers,
> Jim Huang (jserv)
> http://0xlab.org/

Thanks Eric, Jim - There are 2 things which I want to make sure from
you guys before I start investigating further and contact the people I
want to --

1. please confirm that uart is the transport for both BT and FM, and
they can co-exist [i.e I can send FM tune/seek command while doing a
bt enquiry]
and FM is NOT over broadcom serial protocol / i2c

2. and such BT/FM solution is available with bluez [I don't want to
spend days trying to integrate the chip with stack]

--
--Pavan Savoy