Policy Proposal (Validation of "abuse-mailbox")
From: "Alex de Joode" <a...@idgara.nl>
Date: 5/16/19 4:56 pm
To: "JORDI PALET MARTINEZ" <jordi.pa...@consulintel.es>
Cc: anti-abuse-wg@ripe.net

​On Fri, 17-05-2019 1h 45min, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via anti-abuse-wg
<anti-abuse-wg@ripe.net> wrote:
  Hi Nick,

[..]

Anyone failing in repetitive ocassions to comply with policies is subjected to
further NCC scrutiny, including account closure. This is a different policy
already in place. If we don't like that, we should change that policy, but then
we don't need policies anymore. Policies are the rules for the community to be
respected by all, and not having an administrative enforcement by the NCC is
the wilde west.
 It is an illusion to think ripe can suspend/withdraw resources if an
organisation does not reply to a abuse validation request. That simply will not
pass the proportionality test needed under Dutch law. So you will have no
recourse. (Only if you can prove the entity has registered with false
creditials (Due Diligence by new members takes care of this) -and- the entity
is active in a criminal enterprise, you might have a case)

Cheers,
Alex