Dossy wrote:

> What happens if the database update succeeds, but somewhere between
> the update and the kill/remake of the bean, the process fails?
>
> Now, the data is out of sync.

Hopefully the data being used by the bean in this way can be relatively
up-to-date, for instance today's headlines.

> Unless you can make the kill/remake of the bean as part of the
> database transaction (if the kill/remake of the bean doesn't
> happen, the whole operation gets rolled back) ... then it doesn't
> pass the ACID test.
>
> Or, am _I_ confused?

As long as the db passes the ACID test, that is all that matters. Don't
use the data in the bean for anything important, don't hold it there and
re-display it before committing to the db, and grabbing the update.

I don't see any real difference between a bean and a nsv_ element.
Probably the bean is a little more flexable, but it is all virtual
memory.

--Tom Jackson