I don't think anyone was suggested shutting down the AOLserver
discussion list, just creating a new list where SF bug, feature and
patch notifications would go, so those who really wanted to see them can
get them .

Personally I don't think we want to disrupt the current AOLserver
discussion list. We might lose some lurkers who aren't going to bother
signing up on the new list, and that would be a mistake at this point.

/s.