On Tuesday, October 22, 2002, at 11:05 AM, Jim Wilcoxson wrote:

Has anyone ever though about using BBS software, like UBB or vBulletin?
It's more like a community.  SF is a development environment.
SF has forums like those, and (once you've bookmarked them) they work just
about the same way.  I think Nathan is right, though, and too many forums
would not be good (unless one forum could be read by email, NNTP, or web
bboard interface -- there are versions of these).  As it is, those of us
who don't check the OpenACS and OpenNSD forums regularly miss stuff, so I'
d prefer not to throw another forum into the mix -- but that's just me.

Pete.