For the folks who do not like the SF email on the regular AS
discussion list, shutting down the regular list and making it SF-only
would be exactly the wrong thing to do.

Personally, I wouldn't mind getting a SF email summary once per week
on this list, or even better, a web link to a summary page where I
could see everything that has changed in the last week.  I might look
at that once a week, to see if there is anything interesting.

The SF mailing list format is not very conducive to informal, personal
discussions about a subject, IMO, because of all the formatting and
everything.  I realize it is a very *complete* format, but that
doesn't mean it encourages people to participate in an easy way via
email.  It is much less personal, to me. (But, I have to thank Dossy
for getting them to at least list the responses in an order that makes
sense.  I use elm, so trying to get to the bottom of these SF emails
every time was a real pain.  I just started deleting them.)

What would be cool is if the SF email contained a response link that
went to a web page showing the last comment, a box for me to put in a
new comment, and automagically signed me in.  Click, type, submit.
That I'd probably use.  Maybe I am just dumb with SF and this is
possible, but when I go there, I get lost.

Jim