On Jul 20, 2005, at 2:47 PM, Carsten Clasohm wrote:

Janine Sisk wrote:
I have never had to edit a binary file, but how bad can it be? (note to self - make copy first :)

Below is a little C program I wrote the last time I had to fix a dump file. Run it with

Thanks, Carsten. I tried it, just in case my editing was bad, but got the same results as before (that is, the evil question marks).

Before anyone asks, I have tried loading this dump into an 8i US7ASCII database and the data was good, so the bits are there. I think my next task is going to be to do the same under 9i, just to make sure there's no issue with that.

janine