I find that the tight coupling of Tcl and AOLserver is really an advantage. You get the Tcl API that comes with the server: thread API, connection API, scheduling API, job control, etc: http:// www.aolserver.com/docs/devel/tcl/api/

Tcl is not as widely known as Java/Perl/PHP so most companies are relucant to put money into a platform they "think" will be difficult to support later. I usually show the cost/bennifit of AOLserver Vs. Java: The number of hosts, the development timeline, and ease of deplyment are among some of the things I cite. Of course, there are always counter points, but in general - I believe that AOLserver/Tcl is really the best bang for the buck. It is all about showing the value and cost/benefits. In the end that is the best argument for any technology choice.