On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 7:20 PM, Dossy Shiobara <do...@panoptic.com> wrote:

> To quickly summarize:
>
> 1) Dave Bauer identifies the "lack of anyone doing anything about [open]
> bugs" and the lack of "process or resources to deal with the bugs" as a
> problem.

I really agree more with Tom. I just meant that voting for a ticket tracker
solution was not productive unless someone was going to do something about
the tickets.

As Tom reminded us, the main reason noone does anthing about the tickets is
that they are not high priority. If there is a major bug, usually someone
posts about it to the list, a patch is devised and applied to the source
code. This happens maybe two or three times a year, at most.

So I don't want to suggest the AOLserver community has to do anything, we
hardly ever touch our AOLserver, that is great, but boring. It is a fact of
well written mature software that does exactly what it is supposed to do.

Dave