Re "... I don't think there's a huge number of sites using AOLserver ..."

I have several that have been running for six years, but I do not choose or
want to heavily advertise that they use AOLServer.  What matters to me is
that they are rock solid, performance is never an issue, and that I have
incredible power and flexibility to quickly build the functionality I need,
as that emerges over time in the business applications that are being
hosted.  I don't have to keep abreast of the mechanics of rapidly changing
server capabilities I don't need, don't have to worry monthly about new
security problems to protect against, don't have to spend a lot of resources
just keeping the technology platform current - resources which would NOT be
devoted to my business needs.

I get a sense there are others like me as well, though I don't know for
sure.

I totally resonate with Tom's points - it ain't broke!

Dave