Hi all -- This list does not hear from me much, but I agree with Tom's
assessment of the state of AOLserver.  Our bugs compared to other "more
staffed" open source projects are far less and far fewer.  In addition,
I have been working with Open Source for many years and I used
extensively, Apache, Apache2, Netscape, Cold Fusion, IIS (a paid for
enterprise environment), and other more esoteric servers... but the net
of my time and experience is that the AOLserver is the most robust,
stable, and very very secure (if you take the time to set it up
correctly) server that I have ever worked with.

As to your user base (I am one of your users), if our community truly
desires more users, it is simple -- marketing marketing and marketing --
how? -- Clear concise documentation for the masses (as Sep Ng talks of
documentation) and many many books  (that people pay for to use the open
source) -- so all AOLserver coders out there of this GREAT "product",
write a book or two and get them published by O'Reilly Media,
Addison-Wesley, Safari, Kluwer, Artech House, and the like -- there are
many technical publishers out there looking for good books to print and
sell... And if you are a good negotiator, you will reap the rewards of
your internal knowledge of the open source code.  Then, as Tom states,
if someone needs "their bug" fixed, they can hire one of the many
talented AOLserver coders to fix the problem and have the fix merged
back into the code base.  I myself simply read the code to understand
what is going on... but it is a complex product that does amazing things
compared to Apache and the like...

So this has been an interesting conversation to watch and read, but the
net of this is that AOLserver rocks!  I too want to thank all of the
core AOLserver coders for creating such a fantastic product over the
years!! Bravo to you all.

Regards,
Robert Garron