Not much, but at least a response:

Dear Jake,

We're sorry that your browser was not able to access Instant Books.  It was
designed to work with IE and Netscape, and we do expect that close to 99%
of our visitors use one of those browsers.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

Laura Roberts
ZDNet

Original Email from [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

Hi

I tried to visit InstantBooks.com with a non-Java browser - and didn't
get very far.

At the moment I'm using the DOS graphical browser Arachne on an 8MB
RAMdrive so being directed to a MicroSoft alternative is plainly useless
advice. This computer has no hard drive!

I know you'll say that over 80% of your visitors use IE4 and above, but
isn't it possible to provide hypertext links that work for ALL users?

I really would like an answer to this question. I realize an overnight
redesign is out of the question, but is it impossible to accommodate all
types of browser (in terms of navigable links) or a deliberate oversight
to tell people like me to "push off"?

Regards,

Jake Young
             -- the World on a floppy --