Hi Gopal & All,

  Just back from the SFO concert. The concert started at 8:20pm with Jaage Hain
from Guru where our Guru started the song on a high pitch and entered the
Stage. Here is the list of songs (not in the order which was played). Others
who attended please correct or add as needed.I did not get a few names when
Blaaze introduced. So some one please fill the "??" below.

  Roja Janeman - Roja (Hariharan)
Ramta Jogi - Taal (Sukhvinder &
Samajgayi - Taal
Pray for me Brother
Kehna Hai kya - Bombay (Chitra)
Humma Humma - Bombay (ARR)
Ay Hairathe - Guru (Hariharan/Sadhana)
Jage Hain  Guru (ARR/Chitra)
Tere Bina - Guru (ARR/Madhusree)
Mayya Mayya - Guru (???)
Sahana - Sivaji (Vijay Yesudhas/Chitra)
Sega Fighta - Sivaji (Naresh/Blaaze/??)
Athiradee - Sivaji (ARR/Sayonara)
Vaaji Vaaji - Sivaji (Hariharan/Madhusree)
Secret of Success - Boys (Blaaze/??/??)
Chanda Re - Sapnay (Hariharan/Sadhana)
Rang de Basanti (??/Chitra)
Pathshala - RDB (Naresh/Blaaze)
Roobaru - RDB (Naresh/ARR)
Ik Onkar - RDB (Chitra)
Ayo Re - Water (Sadhana/Sukhvider)
Piya Ho - Water (Sadhana)
Dil Se Re - Dil Se (ARR)
Chaiyya Chaiyya - Dil Se (Sukhvinder/Rehana)
Sivamani Beats
Vandemataram (ARR)

  Singers and Instrumentalists
Hariharan
Vijay Yesudhas (Sang Udit's version of  Sahana)
Chitra
Madhusree
Sadhana Sargam
Blaaze
Naresh Iyer
Sayanora
Rehana
Aslam
??- Male Harmony
?? - Female Harmony
Naveen (Flute)
Rashid - Guitar
Ravi Shankar - Keyboard
?? - Sitar
?? - Cello
?? - Sax
  Srinivas Murthy - Conductor

  ARRs words during the concert
  1) Started by saying that how difficult was to get Visas for his troupe to
travel for the concert.
  2) Requested everyone to vote for Taj
  3) ARR recently visited Bangalore with his family where he fell sick and said
to the concert organisers that his voice will be nasal. And the organisers said
that nasal voice is the IN thing here.
  4) When he began Pray for me...he remembered the poor and hungry people...

  Comments:
  The concert was great. ARR sang his songs with the power that I did not
expect in a live concert.Though there were a few flaws like the below but that
did not matter for me and I enjoyed the show very much. Hariharan was with his
usual charm and improvisations. Chitra was ultimate not deviating her voice
even a bit from the originals.
  1) Sound engineering issues. The balance between instruments were not
correct. For eg. Secret of success was too loud on the guitars and could hardly
hear voices.
  2) Mic issues like when ARR starts to sing his voice would sound less and
then after recognizing that the sound engineers would adjust it. It happened
quite a few times in various songs.
  3) Timing/Tempo misses by singers like Madhusree in Vaaji, Naresh in
Paathshala.But everything was corrected swiftly.
  4) Miss of pitch/scale and quickly corrected in Sahana. (This may have been
due to the over loudness of the pads (not drum pads) of the song which switched
to different notes causing Chitra to slightly move away from the song and
quickly she came to the correct notes)
  5) Lyrics unavailability for Humma Humma. ARR sang only "Na..Na ...da...da"
for the two stanzas of the song. Also lyric miss in Athiradee by ARR.

  Highlight
  June 2nd was declared ARR day in Oakland where the concert happened. As usual
ARR accepted it without commenting on it

  Hope others can add and share your experiences

  Cheers
  Prashanth Isaac

Gopal Srinivasan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
              Eagerly waiting for the reports...

Be a PS3 game guru.