HI!

  I dont dispute the fact that ARR revolutionized Indian Film Music, but IR
belongs to the generation before ARR. Besides, ARR is a humble disciple of IR.
So, it would be nice of him if he credits his guru when he talks about learning
music. He can credit many others too, but the fact that IR was the biggest
musical phenomenon prior to ARR must not be forgotten.
  IR cannot credit ARR because IR didnt learn anything from ARR (musically
atleast, although both learnt programming techniques while working together).

  Also, instead of weaving rivalry between them (and their fans), one should
genuinely agree that both are geniuses in their own ways. and It would be such
a nice event to see ARR saying a good word or two, about his one time master.
Atleast, Rahman being hs humble and down to earth self, should credit his guru.

  and regarding why IR never credited ARR...well, the analogies can be many.
R.D.Burman always credited his father S.D.Burman for instilling music in
him...but did S.D.Burman ever talk about R.D.Burman? Did Shiv Kumar Sharma ever
credit Rahul Sharma (both are santoor maestros)? never. that doesnt mean that
there was any rivalry...its just a generation seldom talks about next
generation. I am sure Rahman wouldnt credit some composer X, who could be at
the top (however good or bad he may be...) 10 years from now. Its only the next
generation which should look up to the previous one, with veneration.

  I too was taken aback when rahman doesnt speak about his musical experiences
(musical learnings, apart from the fact that IR made great music without
alcohol, which rahman often says) with IR. afterall, ARR was the only rightful
successor to IR, because both have a pious appraoch towards music.

  - Regards
  Aakarsh.

Thulasi Ram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          does IR credit ARR for the music revolution ARR has made to the
Indian music industry? how can u expect the other way around? the interview was
good and ARR was spot on.

  On 9/8/07, anishshreya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:            Guys,

In the interview with NDTV...arr seems to credit alot of old
composers like MSV and KV Mahadevan....but he seems not to credit
Illayaraja....i am sure there have been alot if stuff he learnt from
IR.Maybe he should also credit Illayaraja evenly. Talking abt names
like visha shekar and shankar eshan loy....i would have been glad if
he would have rather said something abt ilayaraja where in terms of
class..he is far apart from many composers in the 80s.

Comeon...afterall...our boss came from illayaraja school When Gangai
Amaran brother of illayaraja can credit arr...why not our boss? Boss
should really speak abt IR in some intervoews and the days when they
were working together.

Arr always

--- In arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com, "Amith Chandhran"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I believe it is taken on 10th August. :-)
>
> On 9/8/07, $*$ PaVaN $*$ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Ya..its a new one..rahman talks abt janaganamana...thn shreya
ghosal
> > winning flimfare award and many more..
> >
> > Watched it yesterday on NDTV..nice one :-)
> >
> > *Anil Nair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:
> >
> > Not sure if this has been posted before ....seems like a new one
to me

> > http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/videopod/default.aspx?
id=16843

> > -A
> >

> > <http://www.mymailsignature.com/>
> >

> > <http://www.mymailsignature.com/?partner=ZGzeb001>
> >
> > ------------------------------
> > Got a little couch potato?
> > Check out fun summer activities for
kids.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48248/*http://search.yahoo.com/search
?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz>

  Regards
Kamal Aakarsh Vishnubhotla.

  http://kamal-aakarsh.blogspot.com

  there are two ways to live life.one is as though nothing is a miracle. and
the other is as though everything is a miracle.

choose yours...

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.