Yes Thulsi, you are correct, IR is a legend, no doubt. I don't think he is
arr's guru. ARR created his own style himself. Those who are hearing
ARR's Songs can undertand that in his style of music there is no influence
of IR. For me i like IR very much for his amazing work he did before ARR. But
there were some unwanted statements occur from IR in 90s. I remember that when
Kadhalan audio released, IR said that "Todays Super hits are like a bomb
explosion" i think that it was against ARR. Today ARR encouraging all
other musicians.

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.