Dude, im not saying Tamil films r better because im a Tamilan. U r obviously
arent aware of the choices of films that i watch. I do not only watch Tamil
films. Im a person who watches ALL languages movies, English, Telugu, Tamil,
Hindi, Malayalam, Korean, Japanese, Indonesian, Spanish, Malay, Cantonese. I
know when i say Tamil films r better than Hindi. I dont need to support my own
mother tongue language movies if it is bad. Come on, being an ARRahman fan, how
can u stick to only 1 movie industry?

The names of Dirs that i mentioned under the Tamil industry are to be classic
directors soon. Bala is the man behind 'PithaMagan' which earned Vikram his
National Award for best actor. He had directed other movies that were
critically acclaimed."Naan Kadavul" is one, a very disturbing movie.

Ameer had directed 'Raam', which whereby the film was screened at the 2006
Cyprus International Film Festival, where it won two awards for Best Actor and
Best Musical Score for Jeeva and Yuvan Shankar Raja, respectively. And his
'Paruthi Veeran' was another international acclaimed movie.

Selvaragavan is a good director, where his movie 7G rainbow colony was a very
touching movie.

Gautham is a very promising director, though his Hindi movie "Rehna Hai Tere
Dil Mein" , a remake of his Tamil movie Minnale was a bad one,his tamil films
like " Kaake Kaake ", " Vaaranam Aayiram", " Vettaiadhu Vilaiyadu" are good.
His "Pachhaikili Muthucharam" (inspired by the bestselling book, Derailed by
James Siegel) was taken in a way that is in Mani Ratnam's style, but it was a
flop . He is a big fan of Mani Ratnam, and he is 1 of the top leading Director
in Tamil. And after 7 movies with Harris Jeyaraj (both started together with
the movie Minnale), he is working with A.R.Rahman now for "Vinnaithaandi
Varuvaiya".

If were were to look outside Indian industry, Korean love subject movies are on
par with Tamil, dare i say sometimes its better. For instance, watch " 200
Pounds Beauty" in youtube (they have subtitle for it), its an excellent movie
which is very South Indian kinda movie. Not to say the story was taken in a
Tamil'ish way, but its emotion, dialogues, songs placing and what not is indeed
very Tamil'ish.

Japanese are the trendsetters when it comes to Horror flicks. for instance
stories in "Unholy women" had new sets of 'ghosts' and what not.They are very
innovative in creating creatures. Lol.

Anniyan (whats it called in Hindi again, aparachit?) is Shankar's worse film
till date. It was nothing but a merge of all his previous films with a bad
taste. It was not a big Hit in Tamil Nadu itself, it ran moderately because of
Vikram and his fans support. Shankar did this movie just to cover up the the
mess he made with "Boys", which did a very below the average business.

I have seen Hindi films, despite they r the original or dubbed. Actually i hate
watching dubbed films. I rather watch the original. Im like that, if the
movie's original is in Hindi, i will watch it, skipping the Hindi-to-Tamil
dubbed movies.

So finally, i can see that u dun have any knowledge of movies outside Hindi,
and thus u should not comment on movie industry that u are not aware of. Im
still surprised to find A.R.Rahman fans who are still sticked to 1 movie
industry when A.R.Rahman has composed for almost a dozen languages. Im glad im
not 1 of it. Take care nanba.