Looks like they should have done some more testing on the CMDB 2.0.1
installer - it has "issues."

When I run the installer on an existing ARS 7.0.01 /CMDB 2.0 /ITSM 7.0
IM/PM/CM all patch 002 RKM 7.0 integrated server (Win2K3 Ent x64 with
SQL Server 2005 on separate machine) while logged in locally instead of
to the domain (the CMDB installers have never worked when logged in to
the AD Domain instead of locally) I observed the following:

The CMDB 2.0.1 installer hangs while trying to stop the Remedy service
which is running under a domain account that has local permissions, NOT
a local account. The CMDB 2.0 installer was able to do this during the
original install, although it complained about the delay.

If I open two remote sessions, and manually stop/start the Remedy
service from one when the installer announces that it is trying to stop
the service in the other session, the installer continues and copies
files, but dies horribly leaving a blank console screen behind. The
error message was, verbatim:

"The was a problem during upgrade to BMC Atrium CMDB 2.0.1 patch 000
stage 1 using wf-RIK.xml"

The installer log shows:

15:15:17: Rik action: loadapp application definition file: D:\Program
Files (x86)\AR System Applications\REMEDY6\BMC Atrium
CMDB\workflow\upgrade\201patch000\wf-RIK.xml
15:18:10:     LOAD WORKFLOW: dataimport error             Return: 1055
15:18:10: <<<--- RIKLoadApp
15:19:26: The was a problem during upgrade to BMC Atrium CMDB 2.0.1
patch 000 stage 1 using wf-RIK.xml

The arerror log shows this but it is earlier:

Thu Nov 09 15:11:04 2006  CMDB Dispatcher : Missing data in the SQL
database ( (H8))  ARERR - 556

Your mileage may vary, but be forewarned...

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Remedy Database Administrator
University of North Texas Computing Center