Hi,

If you are using a Java Keystore, they are very explicit about what the key
chain is and where the certificates are stored.

Generally you import the Root and Intermediate certs into the common Java
Keystore (cacerts) that the system is referencing, then you add the Server
certificate to your custom Keystore - however if you have multiple versions
of Java installed you need to identify the system default Java and Keystore
(which may end up in trial and error).

Windows is more "forgiving" on certificates than Java is and only has one
store (with multiple sections), where Java can have multiple stores which
will be based on what Java runtime your actual application is using e.g.
could be a JVM or a JDK (and you may have multiple versions of each
installed).

For the Certificate:

I would recommend that you have an Administrator for the Active Directory
Server export the certificate using Cert Manager and for them to include all
certificates in the Chain (checkbox option in export) to a "*.p7b" file
(certificate zip file containing all certs in the chain i.e. Root,
Intermediate and Server certificates).

Example:

Open the Certificate file (Server Certificate) and export to p7b by
selecting Details > Copy to File.. > Cryptographic Message .. (.P7B) - Check
"Include all certificates in the certification path if possible" > Filename

You will end up with a "*.p7b" file that when opened look like a file
structure inside which includes all 3 certificates (Root, Intermediate and
Server).

For the import to your custom Keystore:

Then import this "chained certificate" p7b file into your custom Keystore.

That way you end up with all 3 required certificates in the keystore - these
will be "linked" as you have exported them in a "chain" and not
individually.

When you reference this Keystore, you will not need to worry about any other
"system" based Java cacerts stores as all certificates are in the one place
an available.

Kind Regards,

Carl Wilson