"Regarding Mike's comments, so we need an update to all our PC's to take
care of DST issues from the client perspective, which could make it look
like ARS isn't putting the right date in client date/time generated fields.
Correct? "

Yes.  And also true - it would appear that Remedy "isn't putting the right
date...".

We're running 6.0.1, patch 1497 on Solaris 5.9 with an Oracle 9i db.  I
hear that it's the same for 5.1.2 (didn't get the patch level).

The trickier part of MS Windows patch install is synchronizing it to
minimize the time that you have a mix of patched and unpatched workstations
among your Remedy users.

Mike White
Office:  813-978-2192
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      "Susan Palmer"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

                      L.COM>                   cc:

                      Sent by: "Action         Subject:  Re: DST

                      Request System

                      discussion

                      list(ARSList)"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      02/20/2007 14:31

                      Please respond to

                      arslist

**
Both David Easter's comments and Mike White's bring additional light to the
subject.  So there is a file within ARS that knows when DST is/was supposed
to be.  Does that file exist in v5.1.2 P1428?  That's pertinent to me.  My
dev server is already upgrade to v7 no patch and there's been a large delay
in doing the production server so I'll probably patch the dev server before
that.  But you hear more bad about 7.01 than 7.0 which makes me
uncomfortable, but apparently you can only get the DST fix if you go to
7.0.1 patch xx.

Regarding Mike's comments, so we need an update to all our PC's to take
care of DST issues from the client perspective, which could make it look
like ARS isn't putting the right date in client date/time generated fields.
Correct?

I was pretty sure there was nothing in Remedy to cause an issue and we have
a project to collect data regarding DST for everything we run/run on.  So I
thought I should check some postings ... thank goodness.  Prudence pays ...
thank you to whoever was whispering in my ear!

Susan