Sir,I
am not positive on this.. but from what I understand of this.. your issue
is your reports were built in the old version of CR .. CR XI is compatable
with this version .. I do not believe CR 7, 8, 8.5, or 9 will work anymore.
I have seen this.. on testing.. and could not find a fix.. but was told it
was fixed with  CR XI reports.
have not finish the testing to prove..
Someone else will chime in here soon on this issue I hope..