 ------------------------------
*From:* Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On Behalf Of *Joe D'Souza
*Sent:* Wednesday, April 18, 2007 3:31 PM
*To:* arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
*Subject:* Re: New Support Policy?

 ** If you do want to go that route, make sure that the support center you
are going to turn to, not just has the necessary certifications, but that
your support with BMC would remain valid too for reasons of upgrades, etc..

There are companies around that act as primary support cells with
conjunction to BMC, meaning that they are the 1st line of support. So
basically when you buy support from them, you are paying not just for
support from them, but also for future upgrades etc. The support fee thus
might be marginally higher than you are if you are paying BMC directly for
support. I used to work for a VAR (value added reseller) so I do vaguely
remember that the markup prices for support was about 15% over the prices
you might pay to Remedy directly if you buy it from them.

Question of whether or not that is worth doing is entirely dependent on
the credibility of that VAR. If they do have qualified experienced people
working for them, that 15% markup is perhaps worth it.

Remedy support is still liable to support you as 2nd line of support
should you go that route, if your 1st line is unable to solve your issue for
you.

Hope this helps

Joe