Neel,

Not sure if this helps, but as we send a lot of email on behalf of one of
our customers to their customers, and their customers have all variety of
email addresses and formats, I did some checking on what we've sent to see
if we have this issue as well, or if there was something I could provide to
help you with.

We are on 6.3 as well, and on reviewing the Message entries, I found that
everything was being sent properly, even when there appeared a "-".

This may be a little different from how you are using the email system
though- we are setting the "To" using a field on the record itself, not user
(we don't have any users with a "-" in their email address, so I can't
comment on this).

What you may wish to do (since it seems to work when taking a dynamic email
address as opposed to a user email address) is have a hidden field with a
Set Fields action that sets the email address with the "-", then have your
Email Filter/Escalation use the hidden field as the To, instead of the
user's Login.

HTH

Shawn Stonequist
EMNS Inc.