Good Day To you all (and Mr. Easter)

Mid-Tier 7.1.00  (Windows 2003, IIS 6.x, Apache Tomcat 6.0.13, Java
Version 1.6.0_01)
ARS 6.3 Patch 20 (Windows 2003, SQL Server 2000)
I.E. 6 browsers

Thank you for providing the defect id, Joe.

We are also receiving the message below after upgrading from Mid-Tier
7.0.01 to 7.1.00 when displaying any entry in any form.
"Cannot specify a diary field, a character field with unlimited length or
maximum length over 255 bytes, or Status-History as a field in a get list

The Mid-Tier error message above is definitely a SHOWSTOPPER and will have
no choice but to roll back to 7.0.01. Mid-November seems like a long time
to wait on something like this. I'm finding it hard to believe that they
actually released this Mid-Tier version to the public.  Is everyone
reporting this to BMC?

I guess I will take Carey's advice and hope that there is a one-off
private patch to address this.  Has anyone received a patch or workaround
to address this error?

Thanks,
Michelle

Joseph Kubasek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
10/18/2007 07:46 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: First patch for ARS 7.1

**
We were given defect id SW00277855.

Joe Kubasek

On 10/17/07, Axton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Do you have a defect id for this?

Axton Grams

On 10/17/07, Joseph Kubasek < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ** An active link retrieving a value from an unlimited length field
> generates an arerror 241 in the mid-tier, but not in the WUT.
>
> Joe Kubasek
>
> On 10/17/07, LJ LongWing (Head) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Carey,
> > are there issues with 7.1 Mid-Tier against a 6.3 Patch 21 Server?...I
> > haven't read about that yet...if so what are the issues?

ARSlist:"Where
> the Answers Are"
> >

>  __20060125_______________________This posting was
> submitted with HTML in it___

the Answers Are"

it___

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in and transmitted with this
communication is strictly confidential, is intended only for the use of the
intended recipient, and is the property of Countrywide Financial Corporation or
its affiliates and subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any use of the information contained in or transmitted
with the communication or dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited by law. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately return this communication to the
sender and delete the original message and any copy of it in your possession.