The high cost of cheap labor... Where did I hear that before?

Joe D'Souza
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of strauss
  Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 4:57 PM
  To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
  Subject: Re: First patch for ARS 7.1

  **
  My impression is that somewhere in the recent past BMC eliminated too many
experienced QA "resources," and now they are paying for it with longer than
desirable delays in getting product releases that have completed beta, new
patches, or maintenance releases cleared for general access.  It is showing
up in every BMC Remedy product family that I am concerned about.  In
addition to longer lag times (from end of beta to general access), we are
also seeing more bugs slip though the QA process that _does_ take place,
probably because it is under greater "pressure" from multiple product
managers.

  I guess it can happen anywhere, after seeing the reports yesterday of
Toyota automotive quality falling...
  Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
  Remedy Database Administrator
  University of North Texas Computing Center
  http://itsm.unt.edu/