I could be wrong, but as I understand the problem, the large (10k-30k)
number of Active Links in the various ITSM products exceeds the ability for
the Admin tool and the metatables to process those as quickly as it could
for the exponentially smaller sets for which the structures were designed.
I was actually wondering this morning why Active Links are slow to open in
Admin, but Filters and Menus are not.

Yet another reason we need to move off the Admin tool to the new Eclipse
one.

Rick