Hi!

Rick's right about the issue, but there is a workaround. The problem is not
in saving the active link, but in refreshing the list of links afterwards.

I have found two modes of operation that make this performance acceptable
(for me - your milage will vary).

The first is to set your View to be a List instead of Details. This is
better by far.

The second is to open and work on your active link, but before saving it
set your server window to look at something which will not be refreshed
when you save, such as filters or forms. Control-Tab is your friend in this
mode.

It's pretty common for me to create one active link at the start of a
modification or project, then make a few more usiing Save As on the File
menu. After I have built all my links Then get the Details view. It takes a
while, but you only need to endure the wait once.

Doug

___
Doug Blair
Remedy Skilled Professional