Yes, the "Even Release / Odd Release" issue, or as Friday's humor for today
pointed out, the "Code Review" meetings :)

Actually, this is more of a question concerning ITIL and how the customer
implements the ITIL Processes. There are certain items in a new-hire /
on-boarding which are technically "Change Requests" (New Desktop/Notebook,
Account Creation, Account Authorization (say for SAP Access), etc) and
certain things are in that "grey area" in somewhere between Incident &
Change (New Security Badge, could be an incident or change, but "grant badge
access to datacenter" is a change because of approvals, etc) -- thus the SRM
Created ticket type of a "Work Order", or as Christopher indicates "Tasks"
under either Incidents or CR's..

Then you get into the wonderful discussions of "is this "One Ticket
Container with Multiple Sub-Tasks" or is there a "Master Ticket" which has
"Linked Tickets"...

example:

Service Request = "New Hire / On Boarding" which could have many
referenced-tickets such as
Change Request 1 = "Account Creation / Identity Management Setup"
Change Request 2 = "New Notebook"
Change Request 3 = "Security Setup" (badge, building access, etc)
Incident 1 = Calling Card Allocation

That is my "love / hate" relationship of ITIL - it is like they say in the
Pirates of the Caribbean concerning the "Rules of Piracy" -- "They are more
like guidelines than rules..."
The main thing, is what works for me may-not work for you. As long as you
have the process documented and implemented (regardless if it is called a
"Incident / Work Order / Change Request / Task") you are 99% there :~)

I know, this is not really an answer, but HTH anyway :)
Robert Molenda