-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 1:00 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Explicitly Invalidate Remedy Session

LJ,

Actually.... I would bet that the problem lies with the "Portal"
design vs "ARS license restrictions".

I suggest that [EMAIL PROTECTED] needs to read up on ARS and the use of
Load Balancers to understand the implications of the Mid-Tier/ARS and the
Users (AKA: client) IP address restrictions.

My guess (and I could be wrong) is that the Portal is not "sticky" and that
the end user is not connecting to ARS via the same "Portal" web server all
of the time. ( It is kind of a "sessionID" thing, but more physical than
that for the license restrictions with ARS.) One way to "solve it" would be
to have the Portal always route traffic to Host "X" when talking to ARS.
Then any Login/Logout would be coming from that host. You may have to do
some fancy content rewriting to make it all work, but I think that might
make it possible to have the user bounce around in the Portal application
(from web server to web
server) and have all "ARS" traffic only be handled by a dedicated "Portal to
ARS" host too. (But it is likely to much effort to be worth it IMHO.)

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

http://<server>/arsys/shared/logoutservlet.
> This kills the Remedy session and works perfectly.
>
> This url works perfectly if the portal logout is being performed from
> the main portal window where remedy is in the content frame. However
> if during his interaction on the portal if the user clicks on a link
> which opens another portal window and he logs out from this second
> portal window, we again call the logout servlet. But it does not kill
> the remedy session in the main portal window.
>
> Is there a way where we can kill the user's remedy session from any of
> the open portal windows?
>
> Most clients want the corporate portal to be an access point for all
> application and users. Putting Remedy on the portal is a major
> security concern for any corporate if we are unable to kill the
> sessionI appreciate all the help as there integrations on hold due to this
problem.