LJ,

Actually.... I would bet that the problem lies with the "Portal"
design vs "ARS license restrictions".

I suggest that [EMAIL PROTECTED] needs to read up on ARS and the use
of Load Balancers to understand the implications of the Mid-Tier/ARS
and the Users (AKA: client) IP address restrictions.

My guess (and I could be wrong) is that the Portal is not "sticky" and
that the end user is not connecting to ARS via the same "Portal" web
server all of the time. ( It is kind of a "sessionID" thing, but more
physical than that for the license restrictions with ARS.) One way to
"solve it" would be to have the Portal always route traffic to Host
"X" when talking to ARS. Then any Login/Logout would be coming from
that host. You may have to do some fancy content rewriting to make it
all work, but I think that might make it possible to have the user
bounce around in the Portal application (from web server to web
server) and have all "ARS" traffic only be handled by a dedicated
"Portal to ARS" host too. (But it is likely to much effort to be worth
it IMHO.)

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)