Dear List,
I am sure this is spelled out very plainly in the documentation, but I can’t
seem to find it.

I want the user to be able to hi-lite table rows, save the entry, and have
those same table rows hi-lited when the entry is re-displayed.

So the user will cntl-click several rows to hi-lite them.  Then on save, an
Active Link Guide will walk the table, and if the row is hi-lited it will write
the Entry ID for the row into a Char field.

But how does it know if the row is hi-lited?

On Display, another AL Guide will walk the table, and if Char Field is LIKE “%”
+ ‘Entry ID col’ + “%” it will hi-lite the row.

But how does it do that?

Actually, I’d be happy if somebody could point out where this is explained in
the manual.

(ARS 7.1, RH Linux server, Oracle 10.2 db)

Dwayne Martin
James Madison University