I do not have the 7 docs handy but I know there is lot of information in the
6.3 docs about table walking, specifically about what you are asking.

1. Remedy knows if the row is selected using the $ROWSELECTED$ keyword. I
believe it even knows which row was selected as the primary and which was
selected as the secondary.

2. In order to highlite a row you need to reference the table name and a row
number in a set fields action.

Page 659 in 6.3 basic guide has everything you need to know. Look for a
Workflow Extras section in the 7 docs.