-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bilinski, John
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 2:57 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Question: Configuring Assignments in ITSM 7.x

My problem with the new assignment functionality is that because a
support user can manually assign the ticket to any group on the Support
Group Name+ menu list the assignment engine does not keep them from
assigning the ticket to the wrong group. My customers don't like open
manual assignments which this version of ITSM in effect allows because
people like to assign tickets to one group all the time when they should
only be presented with the groups that are designated to handle that
Operational Category. I wish their was a way to stop this but I see I
have some headache explaining this in my future.

Thanks for the information Kevin.