Is there anything in the Email Log file on the server?

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kaiser Norm E CIV USAF 96
CS/SCCE
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 1:23 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Baffling Email Problem - UPDATE

UPDATE on my baffling email problem.  I just got a call from the
administrator of the system.  He reports that he dropped the email
support forms, uninstalled the email engine, and uninstalled the JRE
(1.4.2_17).  He then reinstall the JRE and the email engine and voila!
Emails started flowing.  HOWEVER, as most of you probably know, once the
email engine install is complete, it recommends a reboot.  So he
complied.  As soon as the server came back up, however, the email engine
stopped working and went back to its previous behavior.

He's restarted both the ARSystem service and the email engine service
multiple times to no avail.

It just keeps getting weirder...

Hello everyone:

Here's something you don't see every day.  For some reason, a Remedy
server of a site I support cannot find its AR System Email Messages
form!

The system has about 12 filters that each generate a notification based
on ticket status changes.  What's weird isn't that the notifications
aren't going out-it's that the notifications never get created in the
Messages form.  It's like the filters generating the notifications are
just skipping the notification action.

Anyone seen this before?

ARS 6.3 patch 21
Windows 2003