Hi,

I reported a similar issue to Support and the explanation I got was that the information displayed was a GUID created by Mid-Tier. I didn't get any explanation as to why this GUID was displayed and not the real IP address.

It has only happened once but for me it coincided with a login via Mid-Tier which then caused the Remedy Server itself to crash. I'm not sure if the GUID caused the crash or if the GUID was reported due to the crash. Restarting of Tomcat cleared the problem and it has not reappeared since.

Nyall

Opela, Gary L CTR USAF AFMC 72 CS/SCBAH wrote:
Axton, I think you are on to something here. I got into her computer and
found she has a standard IP address. I showed her how to do an ipconfig,
so she can let me know if she is having a problem in the future. I also
noticed, by looking through my arerror.log, I have three other users
experiencing the same issue, just  not telling me about it.

The error in the log is as follows:

Tue Sep 16 10:07:22 2008  390620 : User is currently connected from
another machine (ARERR 9093)
Tue Sep 16 10:07:22 2008     Client already connected - username:<user>,
client-type:Mid-tier,
existing-IP:a92cf51a1569bdf1:-72515d6a:11c41fe7e8a:-7fd2,
new-IP:a92cf51a1569bdf1:-72515d6a:11c41fe7e8a:-7fd1 - User has Override
option

Sometimes she has override, but if she's overridden lately, then she
doesn't.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr.