From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Stroud, Natalie K
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 12:01 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Vista Issues with 7.0 User tool.

**

I tend to wonder if there's not a way to use Save Window Workspace to
have the Remedy window open somewhere different from the spell-check
window so you can at least see that it needs attention, but of course,
that is a lot easier if the user has at least dual monitors.  (I myself
just got triples, and woohee is that ever fun  ;] )

You can't assume based on the fact that other Vista users aren't having
his problem that it's not an account problem.  The only way to know for
sure is to have him log in on a machine where another user is not having
the problem.  Or, have a user who is not having the problem but has
access to the same Quick Links log in on his machine.  Because
regardless whether you have a working account on a problematic machine
or a problematic account on a working machine, you're still going to
have some sort of symptom, and you're a step closer to a solution if you
are certain which one you're dealing with.  Trust me, I did IT desktop
support for nearly 10 years before I started testing Remedy, and I
learned a lot about the importance of confirming my assumptions.
Probably around 40% of the time when I was stuck on a problem, a faulty
assumption was part of the reason.

Good luck!

Natalie Stroud
Remedy/ESS Tester
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC),
  contractor to Sandia National Labs
Albuquerque, NM
(505)844-7983
nkst...@sandia.gov <mailto:nkst...@sandia.gov>

msportal.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" html___