Not to be trite, but the "solution" is probably to downgrade to
XP :).  Our department took one look at the resource hog that is
Vista, and the crap that is the new version of Office and ran
screaming...thank god.

But yeah, as someone else posted, the spellchecker caused some issues
when we tested it out.   There were others that screwed up apps, but
they had more to do with drivers.

Steve