one remark on this.

If you are on ARS 7.1 you must use arsignal -r instead of arsignal -g
(perhaps this changed in 7.0, don't know exactly)

arad...@affhc151:/home/upiefke/bin/git> /apps/ars/ars710p4/bin/arsignal
Usage: /apps/ars/ars710p4/bin/arsignal -c hostname[:port] [sigArgument]
- read configuration file
       /apps/ars/ars710p4/bin/arsignal -g hostname[:port] [sigArgument]
- read group information
       /apps/ars/ars710p4/bin/arsignal -m hostname[:port] [sigArgument]
- read computed group information
       /apps/ars/ars710p4/bin/arsignal -l hostname[:port] [sigArgument]
- read license information
       /apps/ars/ars710p4/bin/arsignal -a hostname[:port] [sigArgument]
- update alert user information
       /apps/ars/ars710p4/bin/arsignal -u hostname[:port] [sigArgument]
- read user information
       /apps/ars/ars710p4/bin/arsignal -d hostname[:port] [sigArgument]
- transfer signal to DSO process
       /apps/ars/ars710p4/bin/arsignal -p hostname[:port] [sigArgument]
- transfer signal to application process
       /apps/ars/ars710p4/bin/arsignal -r hostname[:port] [sigArgument]
- recache definitions from database
       /apps/ars/ars710p4/bin/arsignal -b hostname[:port] [sigArgument]
- recache and reload archive definitions
       /apps/ars/ars710p4/bin/arsignal -e hostname[:port] [sigArgument]
- recache and reload escalation definitions
       /apps/ars/ars710p4/bin/arsignal -version - prints the version
information