Aren't a lot of the out of the box reports on the ITSM apps based out of join
forms? Why would it be a limiting factor?

Joe

________________________________
From: Rabi Tripathi <ars_l...@yahoo.com>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 2:39:17 PM
Subject: On Browser: How to Make a Report Based on a Join Form Availbale on
"Report Selection" box

Hi folks,

When my users want to generate a report on form A, I need to allow them to
select a report based on a join of form A and form B. Can't seem to be able to
do it on a browser client, as only reports based on form A show up for
selection.

When they are looking at a results list on A, they click on "Report" button to
get to the "Report Selection" window (standard ARS form for reporting on
browser clients).

On this window, the reports that show up for selection on the table are
filtered by the table using this qualification (source is Report form):

(( $FmName$ =  " " ) OR ( $FmName$ = 'Form Name')) AND (($USER$ = 'Submitter')
OR ( 'Status' = "Active"))

So, when the "Report Selection" window opens, I am guessing the form name "A"
is brought to the window on $FmName$, so that only reports based on A are
listed.

How can I have a report based on AJoinB be listed there?

I think I could change my report design (Crystal) to use report/subreport
instead of a join form, but I already have a report nicely built using AJoinB.

The relationship between A and B is one to one. With a subreport, all the
fields from the subreport will be limited to one area, and I can't mix its
fields with those of the main report, as I can if I am using a join with 1:1
relationship.

Can't win either way. Any ideas? Any way to embed the join form name in the
report and have that form be used as the source, even though the user got to
the "Report Selection" window from A?

I can write custom code on a button to run this report my way and bypass
"Report Selection" window, but I am trying hard to avoid having to write/change
code, and instead just add a report on "Report" form.

TIA.

ARS 7.1, Crystal 11.