From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Easter, David
Sent: 21 May 2009 12:53 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ARInside source code

Hi Cary,

  It's not just a forum that supports attachments - you can also post documents
in a "standalone" area.  For example:

http://developer.bmc.com/communities/docs/DOC-1907

> Maybe if BMC [...] customers to contribute (and search the contents of)

The BMC DN does have a pretty good search capability built in.  For example:

http://developer.bmc.com/communities/search.jspa?communityID=2002&resultTypes=BLOG_POST&resultTypes=DOCUMENT&resultTypes=MESSAGE&resultTypes=BLOG&resultTypes=COMMUNITY&resultTypes=TASK&resultTypes=PROJECT&resultTypes=SOCIAL_GROUP&resultTypes=COMMENT&peopleEnabled=true&q=advanced+admin+tool

was a search of "Advanced Admin Tool" and it found Vincent's document page as
the first hit.

You are correct that it's not a replacement (currently) for something like
sourceforge.net, but it would be a place to post numbered releases to ensure
that BMC customers are aware of the hard work put into the project and benefit
from it.

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Solution Strategy and Development
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.