Having started at version 3 and working my way through all the versions,
it makes sense.  I'm training an individual to be an admin and he gets a
bit frustrated at times.  He'll ask me, "Why did they do that?" and I'll
just shrug and say, "That's the way it is."  Not to mention all the fun
little undocumented surprises that makes Remedy such a joy to work
with.

Ben Cantatore
Remedy Manager
(914) 457-6209

Emerging Health IT
3 Odell Plaza
Yonkers, New York 10701

>>> adif...@gmail.com 07/02/09 1:07 PM >>>

I read the books, completed a project and then went to one formal
training class before realizing I already had the skills they covered.
My first work was on 3.0, but I think 3.2 was out before I made it to
class.

It wasn't all that hard to do that back then.  ITSM is understandably
more complex and ITIL requires a bit more brain sweat to make sure we
get it right.  8)

-al

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Benedetto
Cantatore<bcant...@emerginghealthit.com> wrote:
> **
> Back in 97, I sat down with the Remedy manual, read it cover to cover
and
> was a Remedy administrator.  There were only two apps (I think);
Helpdesk
> and Asset.  Today, I looking at all the manuals if you have the whole
ITSM
> suite, I no longer think that's possible.  I'm curious, how many
folks
> started Remedy by just reading the docs, or did most people go out
and get
> formal training.
>
> Ben Cantatore
> Remedy Manager
> (914) 457-6209
>
> Emerging Health IT
> 3 Odell Plaza
> Yonkers, New York 10701

> ** I began working with the point release of 2.1 late in 1994 or
early 1995
> when I was at Winstar, a gone-broke telecommunications company. I
wrote the
> help-desk app for the network ops center, as well as configuration
forms,
> certification forms, lots of stuff. Back then it was a good front-end
for a
> database. We worked with voice communications, so the FCC required a
lot of
> auditing, all of which had to be written.
>
> I got into Remedy as a C programmer who didn't have a project at the
moment.
> I was horrified to find no Else statements built into the system. I
can't
> remember when that came along, but it was quite an advance in
programming.
> We worked with HP-UX and an early version of Oracle. Installation of
just
> about anything was a bear, but once all the ducks were lined up it
went
> well.
>
> Ever since then I've worked with the ARS. Now it's quite
sophisticated in

<danielbl...@rogers.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> From a bit of googling .....
>>

>> Remedy Corp.
>> The Company was incorporated on November 20, 1990 in Delaware
>> Headquarters Mountain View, California, USA
>> Key people Larry Garlick, Founder & CEO
>> Dave Mahler, VP Marketing
>> Doug Mueller, Chief Architect
>> Version 1.0 ?
>> Version 1.1 Approx. Nov 1992 still looking for confirmation
>> Version 2.0 was May 19, 1995
>> Version 4.0 was Jan 27, 1999

Answers

--