From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Thomas J. Mutaffis
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:37 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: What's the difference between a Remedy Administrator and a Remedy
Developer?

**
Exactly Rick. In the past 5 or 6 years two things have happened. First you need
to be qualified in two to five skills sets or what might be "stand-alone"
skills and the horrible word "all-inclusive."

I do wonder how the folks here deal with the "all-inclusive" aspect? For me
it's almost not worth looking for anything that is not local. If travel and
lodging is required you must go on the high side to financially protect
yourself against price increases, travel during holidays or other situations
that could effect all aspects of travel. One could easily find themselves
working for $25 to $45 an hour on a $70/hr rate and calculated travel cost to
increase this to something like $95 - $105 if you don't protect yourself
against the things causing blips in travel expense. Hence you need to average
in a certain amount after doing your research regarding renting a car, hotel,
cheap food and airfare. However, if you do this you've immediately put yourself
out of the game. I typically tell recruiters using this method to find someone
local since it's nearly impossible to be competitive.

So how do you folks handle the "all-inclusive" aspect when you know that travel
will be involved with a contract your considering?

Tom