Shawn,
We had a similar experience this past year with an unresponsive rep.  BMC
has recently reorganized our territory and our experiences since then have
been much better.

Good Luck!
Dennis Ruble

"Pierson, Shawn" <shawn.pier...@sug.com>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
08/04/2009 10:06 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
OT:  The case of the disappearing BMC sales rep

**
Good morning,

After a few weeks of struggling to get in contact with someone (I
escalated this to upper I.T. management to see if they would fare any
better) today we discovered that our BMC sales rep is no longer with the
company.  Nobody notified us, his emails just bounced back, his phone
numbers gave errors, and there was no indication that we no longer had a
sales rep.

Is this a common occurrence with BMC now?  Based on the difficulties we?ve
had dealing with BMC both from the training side, the support side and now
from the sales side, I?m wondering what the future is of the company.  I
haven?t heard any rumors of either BMC being looked at for a purchase by a
larger company or of BMC looking to sell off Remedy, but they don?t seem
to be acting like a company that seeks to grow their software sales or
maintain existing customers.

Is my company the only one having these types of issues or is this a
widespread problem?

Oh, and a P.S. ? Despite these problems, some vendors are even worse.
There is another application I support where the tickets are closed out
without the vendor ever even responding to me, and where it appears they
lost any record of us paying them for support.  I know there is much worse
than what BMC is doing right now, but the Remedy suite is my bread and
butter and I want to see it grow rather than decline due to bad corporate
decisions.

Thanks,

Shawn Pierson
Remedy Developer | Southern Union

Private and confidential as detailed here. If you cannot access hyperlink,
please e-mail sender.
Are"_