Based on what is I think you are doing, I will summerize and then post an
idea.
Why not just reisntall EIE with a different instance name/location and point
it to Test.
CM is then pointing to --> Prod , and pointing to --> Dev.
FD/TD: you will need to install a complete seperate instance of FD/TD // and
1 additional SQL server instance to sycro to a testbed. Might be a little
heavy for 2 sql servers and 2 FD/TD instances on the same box.. FYI.

Is this what you were thinking?

--
Patrick Zandi