Ø  As far as I am aware, VMWare platforms are considered "partially supported"
by BMC

Statements of Direction about virtual support can be found for each version of
AR System.  Here's the one for AR System 7.5.00:

14-Jan-2009 (Statement of Direction) BMC Atrium CMDB and BMC Remedy IT Service
Management Virtual Environment Support
PDF<http://documents.bmc.com/products/documents/83/78/98378/98378.pdf>

The following environments are fully supported:

Ø  VMWare ESX Server

Ø  Sun Microsystems Solaris 10 Zones (Whole Root and Sparse)

Ø  Hewlett Packard® HP-UX(tm) Virtual Partitions (vPar)

Ø  IBM® AIX(tm) Logical Partitions (LPAR)

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Solution Strategy and Development
BMC Software, Inc.

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in this
E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My voluntary
participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a spokesperson,
liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software, Inc.